Skip to main content

Featured

Fluffy Banana Pancakes with Strawberry Compote

I love mornings. I am definitely one of those people who wakes up an hour early so that I can have a coffee by myself before everyone else wakes up. And I love mornings that start with a cooked breakfast, especially pancakes. But pancakes aren't always the healthiest option, and oftentimes leave you feeling overfed and full of sugar. These are a lighter, healthier option with no refined sugar while not scrimping on flavour. I have tweaked a few things in this  recipe in the BBC summer diet plan  to create this recipe, and I think it is better for the edits (although the added honey does add a few calories). Banana Pancakes with Strawberry Compote Serves 2-3 Time: 20 minutes 20 strawberries 2 TBSP water 4 tsp honey 2 smashed bananas 60g plain flour 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda 2 eggs 50ml milk Take the tops off the strawberries and cut them in quarters. Place the strawberries, water, and 3 tsp of the honey in a small saucepan. Smash the strawberries a little and b

Banana 'Naughty N' Nice' Cream


I don't know about you guys, but I am SO happy its summer! It's been a really cold and gross winter here, so a bit of warm weather is something I am very much looking forward to enjoying as much as possible. This bank holiday weekend has not disappointed in that either.

The weather here in England has been absolutely incredible over the last few days. Like shorts and T-shirts type of incredible weather. I've tried to spend most of it outside, but I have a presentation to finish and an essay that I have procrastinated on, so this afternoon I'm hunkering down with my banana 'naughty n' nice' cream, and studying.

The 'nice' cream is literally just a frozen banana and peanut butter, blitzed in a blender until an ice cream texture. The naughty bit is the crumble, which takes a little prep, but soooo worth it for the nice buttery, crunchy texture. And besides, if I'm being good with the no ice cream thing, I can have a little butter and sugar, right?

Crumble


Prep: 5 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
Serves 2

Ingredients:
40g plain flour
30g oats
20g sugar
40g unsalted butter, cold

Preheat oven to 180ÂșC. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, and rub the butter into the flour and oats with your fingers. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely before using as a topping.

Banana 'Nice' Cream
Total Time: 5 minutes
Serves 2

Ingredients:
3 frozen very ripe bananas
2 TBSP no sugar added peanut butter
2 tsp honey (optional)

Chop the bananas into big chunks. Place the banana and peanut butter (and honey, if using) in a blender and blitz until an ice cream consistency. Place in a bowl, top with crumble or whatever other topping you wish, and serve immediately.

Comments

Popular Posts