Skip to main content

Featured

Fluffy Banana Pancakes with Strawberry Compote

I love mornings. I am definitely one of those people who wakes up an hour early so that I can have a coffee by myself before everyone else wakes up. And I love mornings that start with a cooked breakfast, especially pancakes. But pancakes aren't always the healthiest option, and oftentimes leave you feeling overfed and full of sugar. These are a lighter, healthier option with no refined sugar while not scrimping on flavour. I have tweaked a few things in this  recipe in the BBC summer diet plan  to create this recipe, and I think it is better for the edits (although the added honey does add a few calories). Banana Pancakes with Strawberry Compote Serves 2-3 Time: 20 minutes 20 strawberries 2 TBSP water 4 tsp honey 2 smashed bananas 60g plain flour 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda 2 eggs 50ml milk Take the tops off the strawberries and cut them in quarters. Place the strawberries, water, and 3 tsp of the honey in a small saucepan. Smash the strawberries a little and b

Day 4 of BBC Good Food Summer Diet


Day 4 on the BBC 7-Day Summer Diet started with a fresh batch of the mushroom and tomato hash with a poached egg on top. I love this meal...I just have to add salt, haha. Honestly though, the flavours are great--the thyme and paprika compliment the earthiness of the mushroom, and the tomatoes add just enough acidity to brighten the dish. And poached eggs are heaven, obviously.

Unfortunately, the run didn't happen again today though. This morning was quite busy and I was quite lazy when it came to working out, so I didn't go. I absolutely am going on a run tomorrow though!

Lunch was leftovers of the Swedish meatballs, which actually improved with a few days in the fridge. The beetroot salad was delicious as ever. I'm still missing carbs though. I *may* have had a slice of bread with peanut butter on it for a snack.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I am about to share a photo of the dinner I made, but I warn you: it isn't pretty.


Ta-Dah!!! This monstrosity is supposed to be a curried chickpea pancake topped with a tomato salsa. However, the flipping bit didn't go so well, so now we have a curried chickpea scramble with tomato salsa. It was still tasty though! I would perhaps add flour in place of one of the eggs though next time, as that would help it stay together a bit better. And use a large frying pan to do this in.

I'm overall feeling better than yesterday. Starting to get into the swing of things, and feeling pretty positive about this whole healthy eating malarky.

Today in Numbers:
Calories burned: Not even gonna talk about it.
Calories consumed: 1,423

Comments

Popular Posts