Skip to main content

Featured

Fluffy Banana Pancakes with Strawberry Compote

I love mornings. I am definitely one of those people who wakes up an hour early so that I can have a coffee by myself before everyone else wakes up. And I love mornings that start with a cooked breakfast, especially pancakes. But pancakes aren't always the healthiest option, and oftentimes leave you feeling overfed and full of sugar. These are a lighter, healthier option with no refined sugar while not scrimping on flavour. I have tweaked a few things in this  recipe in the BBC summer diet plan  to create this recipe, and I think it is better for the edits (although the added honey does add a few calories). Banana Pancakes with Strawberry Compote Serves 2-3 Time: 20 minutes 20 strawberries 2 TBSP water 4 tsp honey 2 smashed bananas 60g plain flour 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda 2 eggs 50ml milk Take the tops off the strawberries and cut them in quarters. Place the strawberries, water, and 3 tsp of the honey in a small saucepan. Smash the strawberries a little and b

Day 5 of BBC Good Food's Summer Diet


Day 5!! Two more days to go. Although in actuality, I am going to carry on this habit of eating. I've honestly learned so much, and there are loads of healthy recipes over at BBC to try out. I'm looking forward to expanding my knowledge on constructing a healthy diet as I go.

Also you guys, I just found that you can sign up to the plan for FREE and receive all the recipes and the weekly menu here.

Anyway, today started out with a run (finally, haha) of 2.5 miles. I've been pretty busy all day today as well, so have moved quite a bit throughout the day. All movement is good movement.

Breakfast was the only meal I had to cook. It was the above, banana pancakes with a strawberry compote. Sounds fancy, but took all of 30 minutes to do and eat. I was really excited about these as well for a little bit of a sweet treat. The strawberries are gorgeous right now as they're in season, and while the texture of the pancake isn't traditional, it's still so yummy.

Lunch was leftover lime chicken, and dinner was the final portion of the Swedish meatballs with beetroot salad.

I won't be posting an update tomorrow as I have a bit of a busy day, but I will post how much weight I've lost on Sunday! Thanks for following along!! <3

Today in Numbers:
Calories Consumed: 1,625
Calories burned: 2,000 (419 active, 1,581 resting)
And feeling absolutely great!!!

Comments

Popular Posts